Literature Background

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Distracted

In my knowing it all, I used to believe that being a stay-at-home mom would be the cushiest job ever. Second to that, I also thought that working part-time from home would be the next best easiest thing. Hello?! Pajamas and access to the kitchen all day!!

All mom's are shaking their heads at me now, you of course know what I soon realized. Stay-at-home mommy? Rewarding, exhausting, fun, repetitive, special, draining... I could on. But the working part-time? Who knew? Maybe its because I have the cutest kid ever, but jeez! How distracting is this??



Well, it gets worse. Isaac, unlike anybody I know, likes to be the center of attention all of the time. While this is definitely a temptation for me, as I love making him the center of my attention, it is sometimes impractical. (And bad for little sinful natures that are born believing they are the center of the universe anyway)

This is the progression of faces I received yesterday afternoon as I tried to get some work done (please note, these were faces of anger, there are no tears):



"Time to play!!"



"You seriously aren't going to pick me up?"



"How could you????"


And my personal favorite...



Now, off the computer to go play with my favorite little baby!!!

2 comments: